Saturday, November 8, 2008

SHABBY APPLE VINGETTES

Have all you ladies out there been to Shabby Apple's site? [ http://www.shabbyapple.com/ ] If not you are truly missing out. I have to admit that I "stalk" their website because I just love looking at their gorgeous and stylish dresses, wishing I had all of them, and grateful that they were smart and brave enough to start such an awesome business. Way to go girls!

So, growing up I didn't like to wear dresses that much (just ask my mom). But that has certainly changed; even more so having gone through the whole pregnancy thing a few times and solely wanting to be a 'good-looking' woman again. What more could a gal want than to feel feminine and look fabulous wearing a modest dress that's free from bulges due to under-layering? I've been "obsessed" with playing around with their dresses and accessaries, trying to find what outfits I love best. Well, I'm not good at decision making, but I love this elegantly simple black dress, Beauty Mark. I got so excited at all the accessorizing you can do with it, that I actualy dreamt about it last night. That is a clear sign that I need to put my ideas down. This is for a contest they are having.

Who doesn't want to go on a Mediterranean Cruise? (especially young mothers who deserve it, right?) I personally haven't ever been on a cruise, but I've been extended the possibility of going on this cruise next year, and would love, love, love to get this dress (and any one of the outfits) to make the experience a real dream! This is the inspiration to my vingettes. The best part of this is that you only have to take one dress, and then pack up all the accessories to make your visits to each port a special occasion.

So the next four posts each show a vingette for a MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE vingette package, all with the same dress. I love them all, but my favorite is this first one. (I just couldn't resist posting the others too!)

"Venetian Stroll"

the Beauty Mark black dress
Lauren shopper sac
Power flats in red

Also reccommended:
a Real Time headbnd in red
Cancun earings

Blizzard bracelet

How fun would it be to sport this as you stroll around Venice, browsing at all the little shops? Fantstica!

Isn't this a stink'n cute outfit?!

Shabby Apple has great stuff and a great site (try the figure fitting assistant!): http://www.shabbyapple.com/
It's a must! A dress for everyone and litterally for every occassion!

3 comments:

Author said...

I had never heard of them...I really like their concept about having one good dress that is an "outfit" that you don't have to layer up or put something over. I find that I am always doing that.

Your boys are getting big...look cute! I can't wait to meet your little one. Also, I have a card in my purse for about 2 weeks to mail to you. I'm so sorry I've been slow. I lost my address book. I will get it to you soon.

Take care and say hi to everyone for me.

Kara Jones said...

Hi, this is Kara. I made the Top 5 too! I knew yours would make it for sure. Venetian Stroll is a beautiful vignette!

Ben said...

I voted. If you don't win, Jon will buy it for you. He told me he'll clean the whole place out for you if you want. Won't even look at prices. he's a good man, that Jon.

You will win, though. I'm a powerful source for you. All 2 of my blog readers will also vote for you.