Thursday, February 19, 2009

So, I really need to get on the ball and update our blog. I will soon, but I just had to post this conversation I had with Caleb a minute ago. After I decided I was going to be brave, learn how to make fondant and make him an awesome birthday cake and then we searched online for some cool-looking cakes, this is all he wanted:
"Caleb, what do you want for your birthday cake?"
"Ummmm"
"Do you want a Lightning McQueen cake?"
"No. I want . . . a . . . a triangle. A triangle like this." [then he makes a triangle with his fingers]
Guess I'll wait until my child actually cares before I put a lot of time and effort into something I thought was fun. NowI just have to make a triangle cake!

4 comments:

Bobbidee said...

Sweet! That is lucky for you--I think? I have one that is like that and one that wants it all! :)

Dave said...

Mmmmm... Triangle Cake! It's the best!

I think it's great that Caleb is still keeping it pretty simple on what he wants. I'm sure that in not the far distant future you'll be looking back on these days and wishing he was still so easily pleased.

Author said...

your brave to make fondant! I always buy mine. It's much easier, at least for me. I have made many fondant cakes, some kids cakes, some wedding. It's really fun.

Good luck! Definitely post pictures of the triangle. Super cute!

Author said...

what!?! still no picture of the triangle cake?